Building Grade Hemp Hurd
Kanabat is the highest quality, building grade hemp hurd available on the market today. It has been analyzed and approved for building by the Construire en Chanvre, an association in France that approves building materials and best practices as suitable for cast in-situ hempcrete applications. Metrics for analysis are as follows:
- Apparent density
- Moisture Content
- Absence of Dust/Fiber
- Overall Cleanliness
- 100% hemp hurd, no filler
Americhanvre is pleased to provide quotation for your hempcrete building project as a supplier of Kanabat on the East Coast of the USA. Our pricing schedule is as follows:
- $30 plus tax and shipping per individual 20kg (44lb) bale for 1-9 bales (.68/lb)
- $29 plus tax and shipping per individual 20kg (44lb) bale for 10-20 bales (.66/lb)
- $594 plus tax and shipping per pallet of 22 bales for 1-4 pallets (.61/lb)
- $572 plus tax and shipping per pallet of 22 bales for 5-9 pallets (.59/lb)
- $550 plus tax and shipping per pallet of 22 bales for 10+ pallets (.57/lb)
- For full container loads please inquire below for your custom quote.
There are many sources for hemp hurd, but know that they are not equal! Excess dust and fiber in the mix will rob the lime of hydration, therefore weakening the bond between the lime and the hurd. This can lead to catastrophic failures down the road. Dust and fiber also clog the matrix of air pockets that is created within the wall system which is where your insulation value is derived! Use a product for your build that is recognized as building quality hemp hurd.